Boy oh boy, I don’t know about you guys, but lately, I’ve been wanting to eat all the cookies. That’s right- all of them. I’m not sure why, really, but I don’t think I care! Cookies are delicious, and I love them.
Well, this weekend I decided it was due time for me to bake a batch. I wanted something simple, rich, and delicious, so I decided on these super simple and tasty Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Cookies. Yum!
Ya’ll, these cookies are so simple to make. They only have 6 ingredients, and don’t even require you to pull out a mixer to whip them up! I love them for the holidays because the chocolate peanut butter combination makes them a perfect comfort food, and they look extra fancy since they’re dipped in delicious chocolate!
Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Cookies– Makes about 24 cookies
– 1 cup creamy peanut butter
– 1 cup sugar, plus another 1/4 cup or so for rolling
– 1 egg, lightly beaten
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 1 tsp vanilla
– About 6 oz. good milk chocolate. I used Theo Chocolate Pure 45% Milk Chocolate. You could also use dark chocolate if that’s more your cup of tea!
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the sugar and peanut butter. Use a wooden spoon to mix together until well combined.
3. Add the egg, baking powder, and vanilla, and stir until well combined.
4. Measure out 1 tablespoon of dough and roll it into a ball.
5. Then, roll the ball of cookie dough in your extra sugar, and place it on your parchment lined cookie sheet.
6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 until all the dough is used up. You’ll want to place the balls of cookie dough 2″ apart on your baking sheets.
7. Use a fork to press a set of lines into each cookie, then turn the fork 90° and press into each cookie again, forming a criss-cross pattern.
8. Put your cookies in the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Once they’ve baked, remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool in the pan for 5 minutes.
9. Then, using a spatula, carefully transfer the cookies to a wire cooling rack and let cool completely.
10. Once your cookies have cooled, melt your chocolate, and begin dipping your cookies! I dipped mine about half way, though you could do more or less as you prefer. Once you’ve dipped a cookie, lay it out on a piece of parchment.
11. Once the cookies are dipped and laid out on the parchment, let the chocolate set up and you’re all done!
Look at those beauties! Crunchy, delicious peanut butter cookies dipped in luscious milk chocolate. Yum!
Serve these up with a glass of milk and you will be in heaven!
I hope you get a chance to try making these amazingly simple and amazingly delicious Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Cookies this holiday season!
Til next time!