Do you like pork? Have you tried any recipe of pork? How many variations of Pork recipes have you tasted? The American Southern Barbeque Pork Sandwich recipe is one of the best pork recipes that you will have ever tasted.
The American Southern Barbeque Pork Sandwich is a great recipe that you can try at home. It is one of the most tasty and delicious recipes that you will eat. There are two types of barbeque sauce, one is with tomatoes and the other one is without tomatoes. This tastes awesome and you will surely impress your family members with this recipe.
- 2 – 2 ½ pounds of pork butt or shoulders
- 2 table spoons of red pepper flakes.
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of pepper
- ¼ cup of oil
- 2 cups of apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup of water
- 3 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Pepper according to taste
Preparing the recipe:
- You must first wash the pork and then marinate it by rubbing the red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, oil and liquid smoke. You must let it marinate for at least 2 hours. Leaving it overnight will give best results.
- Now you must add the vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper. You must heat these in a medium flame and stir sometimes until it is boiling.
- You must heat the oven to 250F and put the meat in a cast-iron skillet. Now you must roast the meat for 3-6 hours and you must also turn the meat occasionally. You must also add the barbeque sauce in the meantime.
- When the internal temperature of the meat reaches 185F you must take out the meat and let cool.
- When the temperature of the meat comes down you need to chop the meat.
- The remaining barbeque sauce must be boiled and added to the meat.
- It is ready to be served.