DORADE FROM THE OVEN FISH ın BED of VEGETRAIN
Oven-baked gilthead with artichokes and fava beans, refined with rosemary, young garlic tubers, organic lemon and finest olive oil. Cornelia Poletto shows us how it is prepared.
Oven-baked gilthead with artichokes and fava beans
Level of difficulty: medium
Ingredients (for 2 portions):
4 small artichokes
2 young garlic tubers
approx. 1/4 l olive oil for frying
2 small giltheads (approx. 350 g each)
1/2 organic lemon
a few sprigs of rosemary
a few sprigs of savory
approx. 4 tbsp best olive oil (e.g. extra virgin olive oil of oliva sicilia, via www.cornelia-poletto.de)
black pepper from the mill
100 g Fave bean seeds (thick bean seeds, fresh or frozen)
150 g cherry tomatoes
- From the artichokes first cut off the hard stalk ends, the outer leaves and the hard leaf tips. Then remove the hard spots on the underside, above the stem. Halve the artichokes lengthwise. Cut the garlic tubers crosswise into thick slices. Immediately fry the artichokes and garlic in hot oil and drain on kitchen paper. Preheat oven to 180 degrees (hot air: 160 degrees).
- Wash the giltheads, pat dry well inside and out. Cut the lemon into pieces. Wash the herbs and pat dry. Salt the inside of the giltheads and fill with lemon pieces, rosemary and savory.
- Slightly scratch the giltheads on both sides several times, salt and fry one after the other in a large pan in a little hot oil (from frying the artichokes and garlic slices) on both sides until light brown.
- Place the giltheads on a baking tray or in portions in ovenproof dishes or on ovenproof plates (e.g. from Asa, “250 oC plus Poletto”, via www.asa-selection.com). Spread the artichokes, garlic and remaining herbs around it, drizzle with the best olive oil, salt, pepper and cook in the oven on the middle shelf for approx. 10 minutes.
- Cook the Fave beans (thick beans) in boiling salted water for about 3 minutes. Drain, quench and squeeze out the skins. Wash the tomatoes. Add the bean seeds, tomatoes and some savory to the Doraden, salt, pepper and cook for about 10 minutes. Serve with baguette or ciabatta bread.